Venue: Council Chamber, Council Offices, Farnborough
Contact: Service Manager - Democracy Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
ELECTION OF THE MAYOR OF THE BOROUGH
Cllr Mrs. D.B. Bedford will move and Cllr K. Dibble will second:
“That Councillor JOHN HENRY MARSH be elected Mayor of the Borough to hold office until the Annual Meeting of the Council in 2023.”
On his election, the Mayor will make his Declaration of Acceptance of Office in accordance with Section 83 of the Local Government Act, 1972.
The Mayor will address the meeting and will signify the appointment of Major Ted Benneyworth as the Mayor’s Chaplain.
VOTE OF THANKS
To record the Council’s appreciation of the excellent service rendered by Mr. Bruce Thomas as Mayor and Mrs Tracey Thomas as Mayoress during the Municipal Year 2021/22. An illuminated scroll shall be presented, together with a Past Mayor’s Badge, to Mr. Thomas and a Past Mayoress’ Badge to Mrs Tracey Thomas.
ELECTION OF THE DEPUTY MAYOR
Cllr Christine Guinness will move and Cllr Mrs. D.B. Bedford will second:
On his election, Councillor Grattan will make his Declaration of Acceptance of Office in accordance with Section 83 of the Local Government Act, 1972.
To confirm the Minutes of the Meeting of the Council held on 28th April 2022 (copy Minutes herewith).
To receive the Returning Officer’s Report of the names of the persons elected as Borough Councillors at the Elections held on 5th May 2022 (copy attached).
APPOINTMENT OF THE LEADER OF THE COUNCIL
To consider the nominations and appoint the Leader of the Council to hold office until the Annual Meeting in 2023. Cllr D.E. Clifford has been nominated by the Conservative Group.
(1) To note the appointment of the Deputy Leaders and the following councillors as Cabinet Portfolio Holders for the Municipal Year 2022/23, as made by the Leader of the Council:
(2) To consider and approve the Appointments to Committees for the Municipal Year 2022/23 as follows in accordance with the allocations to achieve political balance indicated:
DEVELOPMENT MANAGEMENT COMMITTEE
NOTE: The Cabinet Member with responsibility for planning matters is to be an ex officio non-voting member of the Development Management Committee.
CORPORATE GOVERNANCE, AUDIT AND STANDARDS COMMITTEE
OVERVIEW AND SCRUTINY COMMITEE
POLICY AND PROJECT ADVISORY BOARD
(3) To consider the nominations and appoint the Chairman and Vice-Chairmen of the Committees (the Conservative Group nominations are set out below):
Nominated Chairman - Cllr C.J. Stewart
Nominated Vice-Chairman - Cllr L. Jeffers
Corporate Governance, Audit and Standards
Nominated Chairman - Cllr P.J. Cullum
Nominated Vice-Chairman - Cllr Jessica Auton
(4) To consider the nominations and appoint the Chairman of the Overview and Scrutiny Committee and the Policy and Project Advisory Board (the Conservative Group nominations are set out below):
Overview and Scrutiny Committee
Nominated Chairman - Cllr M.D. Smith
Policy and Project Advisory Board
Nominated Chairman - Cllr Marina Munro
(5) To consider and approve the appointments to the Management Boards for the Municipal Year 2022/23:
The Aldershot Recreation Ground Trust
King George’s Field, Farnborough Trust