Venue: Remote Meeting - Link to view the meeting is below
Contact: Jill Shuttleworth, Democracy and Partnerships Manager 01252 398822
To confirm the Minutes of the Ordinary Meeting of the Council held on 20th February, 2020 (copy Minutes attached).
NEW REGULATIONS - REMOTE MEETINGS
The Government has recently introduced the Local Authorities and Police and Crime Panels (Coronavirus) (Flexibility of Local Authority and Police and Crime Panel Meetings) (England and Wales) Regulations 2020 which enable local authorities to hold meetings virtually by using video or telephone conferencing technology. The Regulations apply until 6th May, 2021. In order to facilitate meetings of relevant bodies set out in the Constitution, including the Council and Committees, it is recommended that:
“Having regard to the Local Authorities and Police and Crime Panels (Coronavirus) (Flexibility of Local Authority and Police Crime Meetings) (England and Wales) Regulations 2020, the application of the appropriate provisions contained in the Constitution relating to the organisation and operation of meetings, including Standing Orders, be suspended so that they can be adapted and amended to facilitate the effective running of meetings remotely and the transaction of the business of the Council.”
To receive a report from the Licensing, Audit and General Purposes Committee (copy attached – Annex 1), which recommends the approval of a revised and updated Constitution for the Council. The Chairman of the Licensing, Audit and General Purposes Committee (Cllr S.J. Masterson) will introduce this item.
APPOINTMENT OF THE LEADER OF THE COUNCIL
To consider nominations and appoint the Leader of the Council to hold office until the Annual Meeting in 2021. Cllr D.E. Clifford has been nominated by the Conservative Group.
(1) To note the appointment of the Deputy Leader and the following councillors as Cabinet Portfolio Holders for the Municipal Year 2020/21, as made by the Leader of the Council:
(2) To consider and approve the Appointments to Committees for the Municipal Year 2020/21 as follows in accordance with the allocations to achieve political balance indicated:
DEVELOPMENT MANAGEMENT COMMITTEE
NOTE: The Cabinet Member with responsibility for planning matters is to be an ex officio non-voting member of the Development Management Committee.
LICENSING, AUDIT AND GENERAL PURPOSES COMMITTEE
OVERVIEW AND SCRUTINY COMMITEE
POLICY AND PROJECT ADVISORY BOARD
(3) To consider the nominations and appoint the Chairman and Vice-Chairmen of the Committees (the Conservative Group nominations are set out below):
Nominated Chairman - Cllr J.H. Marsh
Nominated Vice-Chairman - Cllr C.J. Stewart
Licensing, Audit and General Purposes
Nominated Chairman - Cllr S.J. Masterson
Nominated Vice-Chairman - Cllr Mara Makunura
(4) To consider the nominations and appoint the Chairman of the Overview and Scrutiny Committee and the Policy and Project Advisory Board (the Conservative Group nominations are set out below):
Overview and Scrutiny Committee
Nominated Chairman - To be confirmed
Policy & Project Advisory Board
Nominated Chairman - Cllr J.B. Canty
(5) To consider and approve the appointments to the Management Boards for the Municipal Year 2020/21:
The Aldershot Recreation Ground Trust
King George’s Field, Farnborough Trust